Tuesday 1 March 2011

Collaborative meeting with becky

Myself and Becky met up today to discuss what we want to achieve out of our collaboration, on my part i want to work alongside Becky to create an event that will explore both of our current practices, my aims are to explore staging events outside of a galley setting, whilst working with Becky as she explores video art as a platform for exhibition. I feel that working on two projects together simultaneously will help me to explore how art is interpreted by the viewer in different ways. We share many of the same ideas and thoughts although we work in completely different ways and i see this collaboration as opportunity to explore my ambition to be a curator rather than a practicing artist. 
At today's meeting the main points we discussed where;
- possibility of collaboratively staging and outside event, maybe exhibiting video art in a new way - possibilities include out door screening ( this is the one that interests me the most)
- an open call exhibition that will take place inside of a gallery type space (in which we will act at the curators.


No comments:

Post a Comment