Saturday 18 December 2010

Website is coming along nicely :)

For a Technophobe such as myself the prospect of setting up my own website was a daunting one and im not ashamed to admit that my first reaction was to get someone else to do it- must have been my inner damsel in distress coming to the fore front. So i talked to a Graphic Designer friend and he agreed to do it for me and at first i was more than willing to let him. However i thought that it would be a much better idea to learn it myself, i found the prospect of creating a blog daunting and i managed to do that just fine so what was to stop me making a website? Well the fact that i'm an over clicker was a bit of a problem at first- you know the way your mum can't work the DVD player and just repeatedly hits the same button over and over to no avail? well i'm just like that! We've been having indexhibit lessons every tuesday with Michel Corker but the fact that ther's 20 in the class and everyone seems to be having the same problems setting it up- i wasn't learning much- so i turned to the same Graphic Designer friend who i wanted to palm the job off on in the first place and asked him to teach me, show me what to do but not do it for me and i have to admit that my earlier fears are now non existent! I'm finding it relatively easy, dare i say fun. However i haven't compleatly changed i now have the daunting task of picking work i actually like to put on it :/

No comments:

Post a Comment