Thursday 12 May 2011

the context of an artwork's presentation has always mattered.(part two) possible idea

Ive been thinking about HOW to exhibit my stop frame piece, and i have a lot of conflicting ideas, my initial idea of it being displayed as a piece of street art has become harder and harder for me to visualise in a  gallery/studio setting- to display the piece or to display documentation of the piece in its intended surroundings has been a hard obstacle  to overcome. As im working in miniature and want that sense of scale to come across to the viewer i want them to be close to the actual screen something which i don't feel will come across if i use a monitor or project it- so ive been thinking about the possibility of using a mobile phone or an ipod screen so that the viewer actually has to hold it in their hands. With this in my mind i have been playing around with how this would work will have have multiple hand held screens or just one? and how will that work? my latest idea is to have iphones or phones that can access applications and use them as a way to download my film, and that the viewer has to go through the motions of actually download it themselves. So instead of having the actual film in the exhibition i will have a phone and a Q R code or multiple Q R Codes and the viewer will have to  scan the code on the phone and access the film in that way. I am unsure if this is quite way i should display it but will try it out at my crit on Monday and see if it works the way in which i intend it to.
This is a Q R code, that will take you to my fmp pitch stop frame animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment