Saturday 28 May 2011

Screen Printing the codes

The Qr codes are the work, i see no reason why the QR codes cannot be the actual work, with this as my aim i have been screen printing the Qr codes, and i will display them as screen prints are often displayed within exhibitions- within a frame- i feel that this is yet another use of the frame as a prop - my attempt to almost guide the viewers attention, of being literal in my representation of art within the gallery. By actually screen printing the Qr codes i am making them my own work and this is where i feel my work has made a huge turning point, instead of being very anti art gallery or art space as i have been in the past and throughout most of this final project i am now starting to come to the realisation that it is not the gallery space that i am against but the way that people are when they look at a piece of work, its very introverted and its that nature of looking and viewing without making literal connections to the work that i have been trying to get away from. It is my aim that by using QR codes i can create an interaction and a talking point.

No comments:

Post a Comment